1) Interview about Industry 4.0 with our Chairperson, Frank Egersdörfer
2) New Product Feature: Improved layer planning with Cosmino
3) Lean Material Flow – a forum held at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Academy in Munich
4) Information events
Interview about Industry 4.0 with our Chairperson, Frank Egersdörfer
Mr. Egersdörfer has led COSMINO AG for almost 26 years and, in doing so, experienced and supported many development trends, like statistical process control, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and the progress of automation overall.
A new wave of development is now approaching us using the keyword “Industry 4.0″. Is Industry 4.0 comparable or are we in fact talking about a fourth industrial revolution?
Mr. Egersdörfer answers: “The first issue to be determined is what is an industrial revolution? People can talk about a revolution related to IT tools themselves, because established data management tools like relational databases will no longer suffice for working with Industry 4.0. In relation to production, I believe that we are talking less about a revolution and more about an evolution.”
Will manufacturing in the Age of Industry 4.0 become more independent controlled without people?
Mr. Egersdörfer: “No, definitely not. People will get powerful navigational tools for moving products, components and product carries optimally through the production process. We might call them intelligent real-time navigation modules, which will help the operators, but not replace them.”
New Product Feature: Improved layer planning with Cosmino
So far, only one layer model per job could be active as a starting point for the productivity and effectiveness of accounting in the Cosmino software; a change in the later model had to be done in the master data and and would be validated immediately.
For this reason, a new user-friendly layer model was programmed which is prepared for all known feature in layer planning.
1) With the improved shift scheduling of different layer models for a system be valid and be scheduled individually on the indivual days and weeks. For the entire planning horizon, layer models via a simple calendar function are allocated.
Figure 1: This layer model shows the productive layers (green), flexi-layers (pink), and free layers (gray)
2) The number of breaks is increased. One to up to six breaks per shift can not be assigned. All known later models created by the customers are well supported.
3) The subsequent filling of the idle time is completely eliminated because the software’s unused layers are recognized as “non-planning”. Active system statuses during this period such as “unfinished shift maintenance” or faults are recorded correctly.
Lean Material Flow – a forum held at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Academy in Munich
On October 8th, Bayern Innovativ GmbH has collaborated for the 7th time with Lepros GmbH in designing and organizing the forum “Lean Material Flow – Flexible Production through Lean Management” on the grounds of the CCI Academy in Munich.
Experts from the fields of research, services and industry will present innovative concepts and solutions from various branches and present concepts for efficient material flow.
COSMINO AG will be on site as a participating exhibitor and will be happy to greet all visitors. We will give you the opportunity to learn about the features of Cosmino software and get information about recent developments from our programming department.
For the very first time, our new Measures app will be presented to a wide audience. You will be able to learn more about the Measures app in the next newsletter, on Facebook or directly from our customer consultants.